Friday, June 17, 2011

Daddy, you will always be my king! Happy Father's Day 2011


I love the idea of having the kids wake up early to make breakfast in bed for Daddy on Father's Day.
And you can't go wrong with a BBQ in the backyard!
But this year I was feeling inspired to start something new for Father's Day!

My inspiration, once again, is my daughter and she has a plaque on her wall, it reads,
 That about sums it up for me this holiday weekend!



Daddy and me
One of the things I love most about being a mother, is the new and old traditions we get to embrace in our family. I believe traditions can be the backbone and structure to a family unit, and can stay with a family for years. For this Father's Day, I wanted to make it a special day for my husband and daughter, so I started looking into new traditions to adopt. Here are some traditions that I believe, can create some special memories this Father's Day.










Father's Day Traditions that might inspire you:


Memory Book
How about making a memory photo scrap book, just for Dad? Gather all those great photos of him holding his son/daughter for the first time, or the first time they went into the ocean together, or any other great "daddy and me" pictures. You can make the memory book a "Daddy and Me" book, and keep adding pics every year for Father's Day. This way your Dad can always go to the book and cherish those Dad moments all year long.

Father's Day Annual Photo Shot (this is the one I am starting this year!~ )
Father's Day 2011
I sat down with my daughter, and we colored a Happy Father's Day sign. She had fun putting stickers all over it, and opening all the marker lids and closing them about a dozen times. ha! "Dada" and her climbed up in bed, and held the sign for me, and I took their picture. I bought a little black leather photo book, and the plan is to do this every year and add the pictures to the book. This way we can see how much the kids grow, (and we age) every year. This would be a great gift to give to your child, when they graduate and move to college. sniff, sniff.


King Dad
(just like the quote above) - have the kids make items that represent what a king is to them, and present them to him in the morning so he can wear them all day long. A king sticker/button, a king crown, dress up an old blazer with king-like embellishments...kids will have fun doing the crafts, and you can get good photos, too!

 Dr. Daddy Seuss
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" - Dr. Suess
Yep, that's right, what kid doesn't love story time, and what better than having Daddy cuddling up on the floor to read a new book. Have the kids go pick out their very own, brand new book, but they are not allowed to read it, but instead write a quick note inside the book, wrap it up, and give it to him in the morning. Then when Dad opens up his new books with the kids, they all can enjoy some "daddy and me" time all day long.

These are just a few fun Father's Day traditions that might inspire you.
Do you have any traditions you would like to share..love to hear them!

| Your Desert Momma |

No comments:

Post a Comment